Curriculum guidance and materials
Curriculum Guidance: opportunities to integrate challenging extremism and British values a range of curriculum areas.
- British values and Accountancy
- British values and Construction Qualifications
- British values and Engineering
- British values and English
- British values and Hair and Beauty
- British values and Health and Social Care
- British values and History
- British values and ICT Digital Media
- British values and maths:
- British values and Modern Languages
- British values and Science:
- British values and Sport Science
- British values and vocational qualifications
ESOL: Redbridge Adult Education Institute materials designed for use with adult students but some can be used with younger students.
- A game for use with parents. This deals with their children’s behaviour
- Ideas for short discussion
- British values game
British values activities and worksheets, produced by Julie Bentley Consulting, for use with ESOL learners from E3 to Level 2.
Download the full pack. The zip file contains an overview, plus individual zip folders with the material for E3, L1 and L2.
ESOL Materials developed by Bradford College:
Ways to persuade us with images:
- Images and posters lesson plan
- Persuasive images: A sheet of commercial and political advertising images
- Cloze procedure and Persuasion (answers)
Community campaigning activity – exemplifying British values
British values – One nation
Produced by Steve Wright and Routes Puppets. This is suitable for learners from Entry level to Level 3.
The resource is structured to focus on four key British Values in individual chapters.
- The Rule of Law
The chapters start with basic discussions around each value and are intended to be interactive.
Videos for use with apprentices
These videos and supporting booklet, produced by Bury College, have been created to help providers across all parts of the FE and training sector to fulfil their duty to comply with the Prevent duty in particular , making staff aware of their responsibilities and students’ need to be aware of the dangers of extremism. They provide engaging and stimulating materials for use by sector professionals with learners, particularly apprentices. The materials are suitable for use with learners from Entry level to Level 3.
Three different scenarios have been prepared, which introduce examples of the type of harm learners may be at risk from, including grooming, radicalisation and extremist views.
Note, these are very large files, each of 100MB and may take a while to download depending upon you connection speed.