For teaching materials to support colleagues see Practitioner section.
Voter registration activity : NAMSS – Your Vote Your Voice 2017
Prevent, Police and Colleges document: National Police Chiefs’ Council Managing Far Right Activity Toolkit – This is a substantial toolkit developed to support local authorities in dealing with Far Right activity. This may be of use to FE providers but it was written for local authorities.The Free Initiative : A series of videos and handbook
- Far-right extremism – why should we be concerned?
- Far-right extremism – the human face
- Far-right extremism – policing the far-right
- Far-right extremism – we need exit programmes
- Far-right extremism – how to approach extremists
- Far-right extremism – speaking against prejudice
- Far-right extremism – empowering targeted communities
- Far-right extremism – online extremism
Imans online – This organisation provides blogs and information about Islam in the UK.
- Faith Associates & Imams Online, in partnership with Facebook has launched the ‘Keeping Muslims Safe Online safety guide aimed at providing easy to understand tips and advice outlining best practice to help keep Muslims safe online.
Haqiqah: What is the Truth Behind ISIS – Ḥaqīqāh has bought together senior Islamic Scholars from Britain to provide scholarly contributions focused specifically on educating young Muslims about the reality of extremist movements. This may be of interest to students or to practitioners.
GOT project, Cardiff: GOT has developed teaching and CPD resources to use in school and post 16 settings. These have been developed in Cardiff for the Welsh education system.
Providers taking on the Prevent Duty:
- Kingston Maurwood College, Dorset – Kingston Maurwood College describes how it has taken on the Prevent Strategy and Duty.
Individuals who have been drawn into extremism:
- Hasib Hussain (7/7 suicide bomber) – The boy who didn’t stand out
- Ian Davison (Ricin plot) – Neo-Nazi Ian Davison jailed for 10 years for making chemical weapon
- Neil Lewington – Neo-Nazi jailed for planning racist bombing campaign
- Younes Tsouli (Cyber Terrorist).
Individuals and Prevent:
- Case Study – far right extremism– A case study of a young man drawn into right wing extremism and supported out of extremism through Prevent and Channel processes.
Camden Council British Values poster – A poster developed by Camden Council for adult learners to explain British Values. This could be used for all age groups.
Safe charitable giving poster – English – A charitable giving poster developed by the Charity Commission and the Mosques and Iman’s National Advisory Board in English.
Safer charitable giving poster – Arabic – A charitable giving poster developed by the Charity Commission and the Mosques and Iman’s National Advisory Board in Arabic.