Online security and advice
- Get Safe online – advice on safe internet usage
- Department of Education Advice about use of Social media: How Social Media is used to encourage travel to Syria
- Families Against Stress and Trauma internet advice for parents about extremist grooming online FAST
The following focus on sexual grooming and bullying but many of messages apply to extremist grooming and exploitation:
Teachers, lecturers, trainers, tutors and assessors: A Prevent duty and British values guidance document for teachers, lecturers, tutors and assessors
Learning support teams: A Prevent duty and British values guidance document for learning support teams
Pastoral teams: A Prevent duty and British values guidance document for those responsible for the welfare of apprentices
- Work Based Learning Provider including employer provider National Guidance – DfE September 2018
- Channel Panel Guidance: The Home Office guide to the Channel panels and their operation
- The Channel Programme and FE providers. A leaflet explaining the Channel and Prevent Programmes with a flowchart. This was developed in London and makes reference to London but the system is similar throughout the country.
- Ofsted Safeguarding handbook Safeguarding including Prevent duty guidance from Ofsted
- Guidance on how further education and skills providers are inspected under the common inspection framework.
- Estyn supplementary guidance post 16 and Estyn supplementary guidance for skills
Imans online – This organisation provides blogs and information about Islam in the UK.
Counter Narrative Leaflet – What does Islam really say? A leaflet developed by a broad group of mosques and Muslim scholars in Cardiff which explains what Islam really says about the abiding by the laws of the land, blasphemy, moderation and extremism.
Haqiqah:What is the Truth Behind ISIS Ḥaqīqāh has bought together senior Islamic Scholars from Britain to provide scholarly contributions focused specifically on educating young Muslims about the reality of extremist movements. This may be of interest to apprentices or to practitioners.
Charity Commission facility to check that charities are registered
Fundraising Standards Board site. The FRSB helps the public raise any concerns about fundraising, supports charities in being accountable for their fundraising, and works with the Institute of Fundraising to improve fundraising standards.
AELP website: Guidance on the Prevent duty for employment and learning providers
Stonewall provides support to counter homophobia. This will support providers is promoting British values of tolerance and mutual respect.
Lets talk about it website. Resources to support the Prevent duty
The Quilliam Foundation – is a counter-extremism think tank which deals with citizenship, identity, and belonging in a globalised world.
HATE CRIME: A guide for those affected: for victims of hate crime published by Community Security Trust, Tell MAMA, The Crown Prosecution Service and the Department for Communities and Local Government
Individuals who have been drawn into extremism:
- Hasib Hussain (7/7 suicide bomber) – The boy who didn’t stand out
- Ian Davison (Ricin plot) – Neo-Nazi Ian Davison jailed for 10 years for making chemical weapon
- Neil Lewington – Neo-Nazi jailed for planning racist bombing campaign
- Younes Tsouli (Cyber Terrorist).
Individuals and Prevent:
- Case Study – far right extremism – A case study of a young man drawn into right wing extremism and supported out of extremism through Prevent and Channel processes.
Faith Associates & Imams Online, in partnership with Facebook has launched the ‘Keeping Muslims Safe Online safety guide aimed at providing easy to understand tips and advice outlining best practice to help keep Muslims safe online.
Camden ACL British Values poster for adult learners to explain British Values. This could be used for all age groups.
Safe charitable giving poster – English – A charitable giving poster developed by the Charity Commission and the Mosques and Iman’s National Advisory Board in English.
Safer charitable giving poster – Arabic – A charitable giving poster developed by the Charity Commission and the Mosques and Iman’s National Advisory Board in Arabic.
IBM Prevent and British values resources
A major retailer’s resources for Prevent and British values